Every year, a number of students and alumni from university campuses across Canada participate in the 5 Days for the Homeless Campaign. However, in recent years, the National Committee has introduced the concept of “guest sleepers” – whereby key figures from the public community are encouraged to spend one night outside to help (1) create awareness about homelessness and (2) raise funds from the respective charity organizations.
Over the years, we have been able to confirm the following guest sleepers:
- Georges Laraque (Former NHL Hockey Player)
- Denis Coderre (MP for the Liberal Party of Canada)
- Justin Trudeau (MP for the Liberal Party of Canada)
- Kerry Diotte (City Councillor for the City of Edmonton, AB)
- Murray Sherriffs (Radio Host for “92.5 The Beat” in Montreal, QC)
… these individuals have spent an entire night sleeping outside in the cold! Will you be one of them in 2013?
Should you be interested in serving as a “guest sleeper” for this year’s edition of the “5 Days for the Homeless” Campaign (from March 10-15, 2013), please contact Victor Esposito at email@example.com!