University of Winnipeg
This is our 1st year participating in the national 5 days for homelessness campaign!
We are proud to be raising funds for the Resource Assistance for Youth (RaY), an organization that provides resources for homeless youth right here in Winnipeg. We will be hosting “the Coffee House”, a pre-event fundraiser on March 7th, 2017. Our 5 days campaign will begin March 13th to the 17th on the U of W main campus.
Our 5 days campaign events this year include:
– Building our Shelter – March 13th, 2017 | 3:00 pm | University of Winnipeg – Main Campus
– Panel Discussion – 5 Days for the Homeless – March 15th, 2017 | 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm | University of Winnipeg – Room: 1C16A
– Paint Night – March 16th, 2017 | 7:00 pm | Garbonzo’s – U of W AnX, 2-471 Portage Avenue @ Colony Street
– Tearing down the Shelter/Clean Up – March 17th, 2017 | 3:00 pm | University of Winnipeg – Main Campus
Other Fundraising Activities include:
– Art Auction (donated by artist Milos Milidrag) = Click the link to view the auction!
– Buy a Mitten, Give a Mitten – starting March 6th, 2017 | 9:00 am-3:00 pm | 5 Days booth @ the University of Winnipeg Main Campus & in the Buhler Center
Participants / Sleepers:
Our Sleepers this year are Isidora & Anne-Cecile. Both girls are students at the University of Winnipeg and, as well as participating in the 5 days campaign, they are part of the U of Ws Business Administration Students Association (BASA).
We also had a guest sleeper Quinn (BASA – the VP of Events).
♥ THANK YOU ♥
TO ALL WHO VOLUNTEERED AND SLEPT OUTSIDE FOR THE 5 DAYS
We are pleased to announce that for the 2017 campaign we have raised over $1,575.
In addition to donating 250 pairs of mittens to RAY.